Single-Entry Tourist Visa is valid for entering Thailand once within 3 months from the date of application. The period of stay is 60 days maximum (starting from the day you enter Thailand).
Single-Entry Tourist Visa can be applied for at any Thai embassy or consulate worldwide and costs around 30 EUR. It usually takes two business days to apply for and receive a Single-Entry Tourist Visa. Thai embassies and consulates close on public Thai holidays and the public holidays of the country they are in, so double check for holidays before planning your visit there.
Documents needed for a Single-Entry Tourist Visa
When applying for a Single-Entry Tourist Visa you will need (list can slightly vary depending on embassy / consulate):
- Passport valid for at least six months.
- Copy of the main page of the passport.
- Duly filled-in and signed application form.
- One or two passport size (4 x 6 cm) photos.
- Visa fee (cash) or a proof of fee payment confirmed by the bank (accepted payment options depend on embassy / consulate).
- Return / onward journey air ticket for flying out of Thailand (some embassies / consulates ignore this requirement, others not).
- Hotel or apartment address in Thailand that can be verified and evidence of accommodation booking.
- A proof that you have funds of at least 20,000 THB per person and 40,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand (they rarely ask for it but better be prepared).
Thai embassies and consulates issuing Single-Entry Tourist Visa
You can apply for Single-Entry Tourist Visa at any Thai embassy or consulate worldwide. If you are staying in Thailand or traveling around Southeast Asia, these should be your top choices:
- Embassy of Thailand in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (196 Preah Norodom Boulevard, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh)
- Consulate-General of Thailand in Savannaket, Laos (9 Road Ban Huameuang N, Kaysone Phomvihane District, Savannakhet Province, Savannakhet)
- Embassy of Thailand in Vientiane, Laos (applying for visa at: Consular Section, Unit 15 Bourichane Road, Ban Phone Si Nuan,Muang Si Sattanak, Vientiane)
- Consulate-General of Thailand in Kota Bharu, Malaysia (4426 Jalan Pengkalan Chepa, Kota Bharu, Kelantan)
- Embassy of Thailand in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (206 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur)
- Consulate-General of Thailand in Penang, Malaysia (1, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, Penang)
- Embassy of Thailand in Yangon, Myanmar (94, Pyay Road, Dagon Township Yangon)
- Embassy of Thailand in Singapore, Singapore (370 Orchard Road, Singapore)
Planning to visit Thailand more frequently? Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa should be your choice.